Tuesday, 28 February 2017

COLOUR OF THE SEASON



These shots were originally going to be taken against a perfect blogger white wall, but (*dad joke alert*) Doris soon blew our away our plans! The winds were so strong along the road that I could barely stand up straight... so after a little explore we found a place much more sheltered from the wind, and you know what... I totally love the bright pink next to the moody blue! So thanks, Doris!
On to the coat, and what a coat it is! You wouldn't be wrong thinking vibrant fluffy pink would be a little out of my comfort zone, but with a new found love of pinks and reds I couldn't say no to it! I thought I might feel a bit too stand out in a sea of blacks, navy and neutrals, but it actually made me felt good to be a pop of spring colour on these dull days we've been having. I kept the rest of the outfit pretty simple, with a stripey tee and converse. I decided to keep the bag plain too, but can I just add how soft the suede is and what a perfect size it is for a camera! I'd been searching for a staple navy cross body bag for a while now, so I'm happy I can finally cross it off the list.


Outfit:
Whistles Pink Textured Coat (similar here), Urban Outfitters Striped Tee (similar here), Monsoon Suede Camera Bag, Warehouse Skinny Jeans, Converse Lo Trainers

What's your colour of the season? Are you a recent pink convert like me? Let me know in the comments!

Follow Rose and Weston on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest x

6 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and how you paired the textured pink coat with similar toned stripes! And love your hair might I add! ;) ♡

    Evelyn | BeautyCloud9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yes I've seen lots of people wearing pink with red stripes so I was inspired! and thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. That's the prettiest shade of pink! Love it, and yes it looks great with the blue/grey backdrop. I keep seeing pictures of people wearing red and orange - I think once it gets a bit warmer those colours will look great with sunkissed skin x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ruby! Me too... I think I'd need to get a little spray tan if I wanted to wear orange! my skin isn't even remotely sun kissed haha! x

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty colour and I feel like it looks really good with your hair colour. I really want to get a pastel pink trench coat.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you :) I wish I could wear pastel pink as I have been loving it this past season... but it washes me out SO MUCH :( haa! If you're a little more tanned than me definitely go for it!! x

      Delete